Keep in touch

To make sure National Grid can install, operate and safely maintain electricity pylons and gas pipelines, we sometimes need permission from our grantors to access their land.

That’s why it’s so important that we have up to date records for you – our landowners and occupiers – so we can continue to share important information you may need.

We have a commitment to maintaining a successful working relationship with all our landowners and occupiers. So if you have assets like high voltage overhead lines, pylons, underground cables or gas pipelines on your land, then please stay in touch.

Here are a few of the most commonly asked questions.

Q. I’m a landowner, developer, designer or contractor and I need some advice about working on my land?

A. Use National Grid’s FREE service offering advice on excavation works close to pipelines and wayleave payments.

Our Land teams around Britain provide a day-to-day point of contact and are at the end of the phone to help you with critical issues including:

  • Technical Guidance
  • Asset Information
  • Essential safety information
  • Marking out the location of our pipelines


Map of the United Kingdom
National Grid Land and Development map

Call your local team on 0800 3895113 and select from the following options:

North West and Scotland – Option 2
North East – Option 3
South East – Option 4
South West – Option 5

Q. I have:

  • Acquired land with National Grid assets 
  • Ownership or occupancy of land with National Grid assets on and have changed my company name
  • Ownership or occupancy of land with National Grid assets on and have changed my personal details

Who do I need to tell?

A. There are a couple of options.


Q. My details are all up to date. Now how do I find out about Electricity Wayleave Payments?

A. Call our Grantor helpline on 0800 3895113 (Option 1)